This year is going to be one of the biggest years in film of all time, with sequels and reboots of extremely major franchises like Star Wars, The Avengers, James Bond, Jurassic Park, Mission: Impossible, and more. So, I’ve decided to give a list of my most anticipated films this year.
Here we go:
These are the films that just missed getting on my top ten list, but still deserve some love. I’m anticipating all of these films and just so you know, they are listed in no specific order.
Spectre A new James Bond film is great! We have Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes back from Skyfall, so it’ll be great to see them again. I’m excited to see how this Bond goes.
The Peanuts Movie I’m a little skeptical letting Blue Sky produce this film, but they have made some good films in the past. Also, the teaser animation looks promising. Hopefully, this will turn out great!
Mission: Impossible 5 Excited to see how this goes! Each Mission: Impossible film is filled with action and excitement and it’ll be nice to see Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt once again. We haven’t seen much of anything from this yet, which is why it’s not higher in my list.
Fantastic Four I’m excited to see what they do with Fantastic Four, being as the previous incarnations were not the best. The trailer looks very interesting and I’d love to see what they do with it.
Terminator: Genisys I love the original two Terminator films, but I’m skeptical of to how good this will be. It’s cool to see Arnold again, but who knows how that’ll be. Either way, I’m still curious if this will be good or not.
Now time for the list!
10. Pixels Sure, Adam Sandler is involved, but we also have Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage. Plus we have Chris Columbus, from such works as Home Alone and the first three Harry Potter films. What can I say, this film has such an awesome premise. It’s sure to be an interesting film, at the least.
9. Home DreamWorks is a great animation company, from Kung Fu Panda to How to Train Your Dragon. There is a good premise, good cast, good company. It’s sure be a good film.
8. Ant-Man With last year’s success of Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man should continue the tradition of great films from Marvel. Some people were skeptical after seeing the trailer, but I personally liked the trailer, especially the screenshot above. Also, Paul Rudd is great choice for the character, in my opinion. I’m excited to see this!
7. Avengers: Age of Ultron Most people have Avengers: Age of Ultron higher up on their lists, normally in the number 2 spot. I really enjoyed the first Avengers and I love the trailers so far. Ultron looks like a great villain and I love seeing all of the heroes together again. If this year hadn’t been so packed full of great movies, this would surely be in the top 3.
6. Minions At first, I was kinda skeptical of a movie based around the minions from the Despicable Me franchise (though I love the first two films). I never thought that they’d be able to carry the story along, being as they can’t speak English. I was happily surprised by the trailer, which shows that this really can work. I’m excited to see what they do with the story, and watch some comedy with the minions, once again.
5. Tomorrowland I’m very excited to see this film! Director Brad Bird has yet to be involved in a bad film, and he turned down working on Star Wars: The Force Awakens to work on this film. That says something. Not only is the director great, but the first trailer is awesome! It makes me so much more excited for the film, and I suggest you check it out if you already have not.
4. Jurassic World Chris Pratt was great last year in The Lego Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy, and it’s great to see him again. Plus, the trailer looks amazing, especially the giant dinosaur jumping for the shark. I’m very excited for this film and it’s sure to be action-packed.
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens This is obviously on the list, everyone knows Star Wars and I’m sure just about everyone is excited to see the newest episode in the series. I can’t wait to see how J. J. Abrams will do directing the film. The teaser was great as well and I’m glad we got to see something from the film. Very excited to see it this December!
2. The Good Dinosaur This may be surprising to some people that this is so high on the list, but I’m very excited for the Good Dinosaur. It’s being produced by Pixar, which can do no wrong, and the screenplay is being written by John Lasseter, Lee Unkrich, Mark Andrews, and Peter Sohn, who all have great track records. Not to mention the great premise, this will be great.
1. Inside Out For my number one most anticipated film of 2015, I have chosen Pixar’s other film of 2015, Inside Out. The story follows an 11-year old girl’s emotions: Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, and Fear. Joy and Sadness go missing and the other emotions try to take over. Not only is the premise an amazing idea, but the staff behind the film is great! Pete Docter, the director, is also the director of Monsters Inc. and Up, both great films. The trailer, as well, is funny and charming, as most Pixar films are.
Well, this completes my list of most anticipated 2015 films. What are your most anticipated films? Add them to the comments below, I’d love to here your thoughts.